Classical text requires complete ownership of heightened thought, emotion and word. It’s a wonderful tool for exploring how to communicate your inner truth and the truth of the text through your voice and body.
This course is for people who want the challenge of developing their vocal and physical skills by bringing classical text to life.
Demystify the skills of speaking text, such as Shakespeare. Relish the textures and muscularity of the language and rediscover the gifts of the oral tradition.
- Vocal Technique including breathing, vocal placement and the organs of articulation
- Embodying the Language – connecting breath, thoughts and feelings to the word
- Body work – posture, release of tension
- Power of the Word – articulation, phrasing
- Structure – rhythm, metre, line endings and figures of speech
- Personal interpretation of a universal message – letting the text speak through you
- Feel empowered– verse demands the revelation of ourselves
Kate also runs courses with her associate Louise Collins.
Contact Kate to find out more.